How to Fix Xbox One Overwatch Error BC-124
RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance.
BC-124 is a common bug for Xbox One users and often occurs when a new update is released for Overwatch or Xbox One. If your console or game is outdated, you will not be able to connect to Overwatch’s live servers.
If you are experiencing this issue, you can try resetting your Xbox and checking the update settings manually. You can also log out of Overwatch and check the update queue to see if a new patch is downloaded.
An issue occurred during authentication to Xbox Live. Try again later. (BC-124)
Follow the steps below to clear this connection error and resume playback.
Resetting the network adapter
Step one. Press the Windows + R keys to open the autostart window.
Step two: Type cmd and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to open the command prompt. Click Yes to grant access to the administrator when asked to perform User Account Control (UAC).
Step three: Type the following command and press the Enter key to reset the network card: netsh winsock reset
Step four: Restart the computer.
January 2021 Updated:
We now recommend that you use this tool to correct the error. The tool also corrects common computer errors, protects against file loss, malware and hardware failures, and optimizes your PC for optimal performance. With this software you can quickly solve problems on your PC and prevent others from having problems:
- Step 1 : Download the PC Repair and Optimization Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2 : Click on the Start scan button to detect problems in the Windows registry that may cause PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click the Fix All button to fix all issues.
If you’ve already reinstalled your network card without success, or if the above method didn’t work for your current scenario, your next troubleshooting attempt is to make sure your router can handle the ports used by Overwatch.
The vast majority of end-user routers today do this with UPnP (Universal Plug and Play). If this scenario applies, you should be able to resolve the BC-124 error by enabling UPnP. This possible update has been confirmed for users experiencing this issue on Xbox One, Ps4 and PC.
- Open the default browser, type one of the following addresses into the address bar and press Enter: 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1.
- Then enter your credentials to connect to the router settings. If you have not changed the defaults, you can access these settings using the administrator for your username and password.
- When you get to the router settings screen, look at the settings in the UPnP or Forwarding tab.
- The exact steps for setting up UPnP will depend on your router’s manufacturer.
- Save the changes and restart the device you are playing Overwatch on to see if the problem is resolved.
If that doesn’t work, all you can do is wait and see. This error occurs when Overwatch servers refuse to authenticate, and can even occur during a general server crash. If you can’t log in and play after a few hours, contact Blizzard customer support on Twitter to see if there is any information about the crash. If no one is interested, please contact Blizzard Support directly.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to diagnose Windows errors and optimize system performance.
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Convenience Store
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing computer professional. I have years of experience in computer programming, troubleshooting and hardware repair. I specialize in web development and database design. I also have a CCNA certification in network design and troubleshooting.
overwatch error bc-101, overwatch login error bc-124 switch, overwatch login error bc-152, nintendo switch overwatch login error bc-124, overwatch server status, blizzard, overwatch not working xbox one, overwatch error codes