Fix File Explorer Not Loading or Slowly Loading on Windows 10
RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance.
After upgrading from an older version of Windows to Windows 10, some users experienced issues with the Explorer simply not loading anything or loading data incredibly slowly, often with little data to load. Many Windows users who upgraded their operating system from earlier versions to Windows 10 suffer from this problem.
Microsoft has not officially commented on the problems with the file explorer. Even on the forums, moderators suggested common methods, like resetting Windows. However, according to our research, there are many other methods that can be used to bypass the error message.
Disabling Windows Search Service
- Windows services (also called .msc services) are used to change the way Windows services work on your system. These departments are responsible for implementing the available programs and managing many system parameters and resources. Maintenance parameters can be changed for safety, troubleshooting and productivity. The Windows search service allows you to index content, cache properties, and search for files, email, and other content. To disable the Windows search service, press Windows (Win) + R on your keyboard or right-click Start and choose Run from the shortcut menu.
January 2021 Updated:
We now recommend that you use this tool to fix the error. The tool also corrects common computer errors, protects against file loss, malware and hardware failures, and optimizes your PC for optimal performance. With this software, you can solve IT problems quickly and prevent others from suffering:
- Step 1 : Download the PC repair and optimization utility (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2 : Click on the Start scan button to detect problems in the Windows registry that may cause PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click the Fix All button to fix all issues.
- The Execute dialog box opens. Type msconfig and press OK or the Enter key on your keyboard.
- In the System Configuration window, locate the Services tab and click it. Now find the Windows Finder service in the list of services and disable it. Click Apply to save your changes. Restart the computer and check for problems with Explorer.
One of the most anticipated features of Windows 10 is the virtual assistant Cortana. While this feature is certainly useful, some users claim that Cortana slows down the file explorer.
To resolve this issue, users recommend disabling Cortana. It’s relatively simple, and you can do it by following these steps:
- Press Windows + R and type regedit. Press OK or Enter.
- When the Registry Editor opens, go to the left pane.
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE Microsoft Windows Software Search Key Policy
- If this key does not exist, it must be created. Right-click a Windows key and choose New > Key. Now enter the Windows search as the name of the new key.
- With the Windows search key open, right-click on an empty field in the right panel and select Create>Word Value (32-bit).
- Enter AllowCortana as the name of the new DWORD. Double-click DWORD AllowCortana and set the value to 0. Click OK to save your changes.
- Close the Registry Editor and restart the computer.
OneDrive is a cloud platform from Microsoft and is usually integrated with Windows operating systems from the beginning. Users can store their files directly in the cloud by placing files/folders in the OneDrive folder available in Explorer.
Because Explorer also indexes OneDrive folders, OneDrive may limit this process. This has been the case on many workstations with different users. Here you can close OneDrive and try to load Explorer after turning off and on the computer again. If it helps, you can leave OneDrive turned off.
Message: After you have logged in again, you will need to re-enter your login information. So make sure you have them on hand.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to diagnose Windows errors and optimize system performance.
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Convenience Store
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing computer professional. I have years of experience in computer programming, troubleshooting and hardware repair. I specialize in web development and database design. I also have CCNA certification in network design and troubleshooting.
file explorer slow to load windows 10, windows 10 file explorer slow 2020, file explorer not responding windows 10, windows 10 file explorer slow 2019, windows 10 slow loading folders, windows 10 file explorer slow green bar, windows 10 file explorer slow to open from taskbar, windows 10 file explorer working on it